HEC MBA Blog: Diary of a HEC MBA 2011 student

The blog has moved to a new address! Go to       Frog to Dragon: HEC-Tsinghua MBA Blog                                                 This blog in English Ce blog en Français

Posted by pam at 24 January , 2010

Some of you may know of my interest in China. In particular, the proposition of a double degree with the Tsinghua University was a factor in my selection of the HEC MBA.

After writing 3000+ worth of more essays, sending the university my 60 euros of application fees by post, and applying to the Tsinghua SEM IMBA independently, back in December, I received their response this week:

Dear Pam,

Congratulations! We are very pleased to inform you that you have been admitted by School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University for IMBA Program starting from 2010 Fall. Thank you again for choosing Tsinghua MBA program.

This email is to inform you of your admission to Tsinghua SEM IMBA Program. The official admission letter and visa application form will be sent to you in June 2010 from Tsinghua University. Welcome to join in Tsinghua SEM!

Me happy! (^__^)

I feel like I just took a step further toward China!

Cet article en Français

The post "China! Here I come!" is now here.

Tags:
Posted in: 1. Pre-MBA activities , 2. HEC MBA activities

9 Responses to “China! Here I come!”

comment rss - Trackback

1. Vikram says:

Hi Pam,

I’ve been reading your blog and I think very insighful, especially for folks interested in HEC. I recently received an admit from HEC for the sept intake.

Congrats on your admit to Tsinghua University! I have a question regarding the dual degree. what is the fee structure for the dual degree? Do you have to pay the full tuition at both schools?

-Vikram

2. pam says:

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your comment.
    Your question is completely valid as I wondered the same thing.
    The short answer is that the costs are pro-rated. Meaning that if you end up doing only 12 months at HEC instead of 16 months, you get a refund of 1/4 of what your fees should be. Then pay whatever pro rated cost to the other institution.

For the more detailed answer, I’ll write a post about it once I’ve had my discussion with the treasurer ;)

3. [...] fairly light-hearted, mainly looking for information as I’ll finish my studies from Tsinghua only in June next year, we (of the September 09 intake) noticed many old faces from the September [...]

4. Vikram says:

Thanks Pam! I’ll look forward to your post :)

5. Karan says:

Dear Pam,

I find your blog really interesting and honest. It is really inspiring for prospective students like me. Congrats on your selection to Tsinghua University as well.

Regards,
    Karan

6. pam says:

This is exactly the type of good vibes that keep me posting.

7. Gladys Tong says:

Hey Pam ,

Looks like I will be meeting you at Tsinghua this coming Fall ! I just got accepted too .. but we’ll be in different programs. Are you planning on staying in the dorms as well too ?

8. pam says:

Hi Gladys,

It’s great to find a fellow student at Tsinghua! :) Which programme will you be in?
    I visited the campus last year and found that the dorms were really far away from SEM.
    So I’m planning to (ideally) find a flat at the Huaqing residence nearby.

9. Gladys Tong says:

Hi Pam ,

Sorry for the late reply :) Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail ! I will be in the School of Journalism and Communications attempting a Masters in Global Business Journalism !

I never visited the campus before, but from what I heard , an alumni told me that it would be safer and cheaper to stay in the student dorms. If you need any help in searching for an apartment, I’d be glad to help you out since I am already in China.

All the best,